This past weekend Richard and I traveled through 5 states to go visit my grandparents in Danville, VA. It was our first big road trip longer than 5 hours together in a car. We didn't leave until around 4:00 on Thursday afternoon. After traveling through lots of storms, we finally made it to their house at 2:15 AM. Surprisingly, I stayed awake the whole time. I don't know what had gotten into me, but I was quite hyper (maybe because I was going to see family).
We got to spend all day Friday and Saturday with Grandma and Papa Clark. We had a few visits from other family including Aunt Jettia, Aunt Debbie and Uncle Eric, and Erica and Sean. It was great to see everyone that we don't get to see often enough.
While we were there, we got to go to Bubba's to get delicious dipped cones, get some hush puppy take-out from the Mayflower, and take a stroll around the Piedmont Mall and NEW Target!
Sunday was a sad day to leave. We already miss all of our Virginia family. On the way back, we stopped in Charlotte, NC to eat a yummy home-cooked meal by my cousin, Cheryl. It was also great to catch us with her.
I still can't believe we went through 5 states in one weekend! Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Virginia. We stopped in every state for something.

We made it!

Aunt Jettia

Papa & me

Grandma & Richard looking at her amazing garden.

My crazy aunt and cousins

I miss them lots!

Cheryl & me


No comments:
Post a Comment