Monday, February 23, 2009

Busy...

Let's just say that I have been lazy, but busy lately. Richard has been working on his research, resume, and job searching while I have been teaching, baby-sitting (not as much as I'd like), and other random little things.
Valentine's weekend Richard and I went to Atlanta to the Mountain Heart bluegrass concert. It was quite an adventure for me. Richard loves bluegrass and I can handle it for a little bit. Since he will go with me to the ballet and lots of zoos, I will go to bluegrass events anytime he wants to go. The banjo player for the band only had a thumb on his left hand. It was amazing to watch him play. He was really good! We ended up finding a really nice hotel room for really cheap that night since the concert didn't end till 11:30 PM.
This past weekend we were in TN. We went to Cookeville for the engineering career fair. Richard got 2 interviews! Keep praying for jobs. We had a wonderful time visiting with friends in the Cookeville area. Thanks to Natalie and Jason for housing us for 2 nights. As soon as we arrived in Cookeville, we were trying to think of all the things we wanted to do and see. Reminiscing of the TTU and Wesley days! We also got a chance to eat dinner with Richard's parents and Diana on our way toward Manchester.
We celebrated my Papa's 80th birthday with a surprise luncheon with some of his family and friends. He was very grateful for all the love and support everyone has given him over the years.

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we are coming to a time of many decisions and changes!

No comments: