Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter Weekend

This Easter, Richard and I decided to stay in Auburn because of his work schedule and the travel distance. My mom and Papa came down Thursday through Saturday to hang out with us.
Thursday afternoon, we walked around campus to see all the beautiful azaleas blooming!
Friday, my mom, papa, and I went shopping in Columbus,GA. We found lots of good deals, especially at NY & Co! We then headed to Callaway Gardens to see the azaleas that happened to be already dying. Auburn campus was much prettier. That night after dinner, we got taken hostage in the Auburn mall because of tornadoes outside. Not a pleasant experience, sitting in the mall emergency exits, not knowing if you are going to get blown away!
Saturday morning, my mom and papa left to head back to TN. Richard and I went to run the Art Walk for Children 5K. Never again! Richard did pretty well, but I was just trying to finish! We are still limping and hobbling around.
Easter Sunday, we woke up extra early to head out the the sunrise service at Callaway Gardens. It was absolutely beautiful watching the sunrise on the drive there and the sun come over the cross across the lake.
All in all, we had a wonderful Easter, although we did miss our families and getting to celebrate with them. Here are some pictures from our weekend...

What the Easter bunny brought us!

Sunrise on the drive to Callaway

Where the sunrise service looked out upon

Happy Easter!

No comments: